NewsRetour aux news
Guidance - Living in Belgium
Communication from Gov.uk
The aim of the Living in Belgium guide is to centralise information that will be enable UK citizens to take informed decisions and timely action regarding administrative steps they may need to undertake to preserve their rights such as exchanging their UK driving licence for a Belgian one.
We have found that the guide is a useful tool for pointing to the recommendations and advice published but the Belgian authorities, with whom the Embassy keeps close contact. Proactive Embassy communication offering clear guidance to UK citizens is important at this time of uncertainty.
EU Exit: what you need to know
Sign up to email alerts on living in Belgium to receive new information when it becomes available.
There will be no change to the rights and status of UK nationals living in Belgium while the UK remains in the EU.
- correctly register as resident in Belgium
- read 14 February 2019 update from the Belgian government on UK citizens’right to reside if there is a withdrawal agreement
- read 14 February 2019 update from the Belgian government on UK citizens’ right to reside if there is not a withdrawal agreement
- consult the draft legislation on no deal published by the Belgium Federal Parliament in French and Dutch
- read UK nationals in the EU: essential information
- follow your local British Embassy on Facebook and Twitter
You are invited to attend one of our citizens’ outreach meetings to hear updates about the UK’s departure from the EU.
This page will be updated regularly. If you have a question, contact us through our web form .